Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hurricane Felix and the aftermath

The hurricane was horrible. I had to swim for three miles to get to my house. I was swimming next to cows and chickens. They were trying to push me out of the way but I said "no."

Then the power was out for 15 hours and we just played pattie cake in the dark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Okay, I can't do this anymore. I tried to be funny but it did not work.

So we didn't have school on Tuesday. It rained off and on all day but it was a drizzle for most of the time. We lost power only in the morning but I didn't know because I was sleeping. My roommate had to tell me.

We relaxed in the house all day. I got some work done but not all of it. I thought we were not going to have school again but I received a call that we had school. I was walking to school and a taxi driver stopped to ask if there as school. I said yes and he drove off to his house to wake up his children. I arrived at school and I had about 10 kids that were there at 7 in the morning. They do not have a phone chain or anything like that. You take the risk of going or not going to school. I was about to take my kids to the classroom and then the Director said that every student had to go home. The Department of Education called the school and said that we were not supposed to have school today. We had to send all the kids home. Now, I am at the school doing work because the teachers still have to stay here.

Oh well :(

So overall, the hurricane was a flop and it was just some silly rain. Thank you for your concern and I bet we will get another one soon.

I love you all!!!

-Hannah

3 comments:

LisaLisa said...

It's better than playing patti cake with goats....their hooves really hurt.

Unknown said...

Oh Darling you're adorable! Take care out there!!

Unknown said...

hahahahah sen you are such a funny girl